|Diet and Nutrition Articles|
|Dieting Case Studies|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Common Dieting Myths|
The Nutritional Effects of Microwave Ovens
A Simple Demonstration
|What are the effects on your body of consuming microwaved foods and beverages?|
A very simple experiment involving water and plants readily shows that microwaved water is radically altered compared to other water.
The pictures below are from a science fair project. The experiment begins with two small, identical plants. The water for plant 1 is microwaved, and the water for plant 2 is boiled. Once cooled, this water is used exclusively for their respective plants.
As seen in the images below, within days is is clear that the plant being watered with only microwaved water is rapidly dying.
The way that microwave ovens heat food is by using dielectric heating – using microwave radiation to heat polarized molecules in the food. This heating method chemically alters the nutrients in food. For example, heating food with microwaves converts vitamin B12 from the active to inactive state, making in unusable by a human body.
When the body cannot recognize the nutrients in consumed food, it wraps the unknown substance in fat cells for self-protection if it cannot quickly eliminate it.
Based upon Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies the following findings are startling effects on the human body from ingesting microwaved foods and beverages:
- Continually eating microwaved food causes long-term brain damage by shorting out electrical impulses, de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue
- The human body cannot metabolize the unrecognizable by-product in food created by microwaving
- Continually eating microwaved food shuts down male and female hormone production
- The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual and long-term within the human body
- Minerals, vitamins and nutrients in food are altered by microwave ovens, so that the body gets little or no nutritional benefit, and the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be digested
- The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens
- Microwaved foods can cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths, which may help explain the rapidly increasing rate of colon cancer in the USA (microwave achieved mainstream popularity in the mid-1970’s)
- Prolonged consumption of microwaved foods can cause cancerous cells to increase in human blood
- Continual ingestion of microwaved foods causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations
- Eating microwaved food can cause brain effects including loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence
|For more information, read Dr. Carolyn Mein's research in her Microwaves and Dietary Myths Booklet, available in paperback and now also available for immediate reading in eBook format (PDF).|
After my very first session with Dr. Mein I regained the mental focus and the level of physical energy I enjoyed 10 years ago.